KC Denmark's Micro Plastic Particle Pump was originally
developed during KC Denmark's participation in the EU project named
CleanSea, the goal for the original project was to measure plastic
particles in oceans and lakes with extreme precision in the amount
of water sampled.
The sampler is able to run sampling on 4 different mesh sizes doing one deployment, while keeping a precise account on the total amount of water it has been pumping, due to its very flexible range of filter sizes (ranging from 1000 µm down to 100 µm), it have proven itself a very useful tool in sampling plastic particles in the ocean as well as lakes.
As a counter part to the more well known Manta Trawl net the pump's onboard computer gives users the chance to program the precise amount of water they want sampled, ensuring them a very precise data that is fully able to be compared with other samples done with similar pumps with very high scientific guarantees, this is primary due to the fact that the water pumped is first measured after it has gone through the filters preventing any faulty data with organic material clucking up the filter sample area.
• Capacity: 12000L/hour. Approx. 200L/min. at 0 m water column, with no filters).
• Pump: AISI 304 stainless steel
• 4 filter plates, 5000 µm, 500 µm, 300 µm and 100 µm comes as standard delivery
• Main rack: AISI 316 stainless steel
• Zinc anodes to protect against corrosion
• Power supply: 1 x 230 Volt AC
• Power consumption: 0,75 kW
• Manoeuvre box made of plastic, touch screen for programming and emergency stop
• Footprint: 60 x 60 cm
• Max. depth: 40 m
• Length: 137 cm
• Weight, total: 46 kg